- You need a co-founder and some cheerleaders < you'll hit a motivation wall
- Pick a day or two per week where you always work, ideally in the same room as your co-founders < keeping a fixed schedule helps
- Have a boat-burning target - a goal when you can go full steam. < dive in full-time?
- Pick an idea that is tractable < No extraneous features
- Understand that your first version is probably going to suck
- If you’re going to screw off at work (everyone does), spend it getting smarter about the stuff you don’t know < stealing time
- Be sure you own your startup
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Excellent points to consider from Venture Hacks. I can attest to most of these.